Mouth Lane Pumping Station
Constructed in 1979 as part of the North Level Major Improvement Scheme.
It was designed to evacuate water from an area of 1437 hectares of predominantly agricultural land, but there are approximately 250 houses that benefit from protection given by the Pumping Station.
Mouth Lane Pumping Station consists of two 600mm diameter mixed flow Gwynnes pumps, one diesel powered, the other powered by a G.E.C. CW315 SD 90 Kw electric motor.
The pumps, motors and switchgear are housed in a purpose built brick building. The discharge pipeline is some 50metres long outfalling into the tidal River Nene. At full capacity the station discharges 118T/min. or 2.0 cumecs.
Go to the Catchment and Pumping Stations map.